BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 8, 2009

Back to blogging

So, one thing you should know about me is that I don't like to talk about my thoughts when they are still vague to me. The last few months has been full of mini discoveries that led to one major one that really started my blogging adventure. Becoming me.

I am at one of the happiest times in my life. I have stopped being restricted by what others limits set by other. Others at church, at work, and friends. I for whatever random reason believed in myself as a kid. Up until about 10th grade I was always teased. I was put down and told so many times why I wasn't good enough. The weird thing was that I never believed it. I always tried to make the world a better place, and sometimes I succeeded. I gave thousands of hours to elementary school kids that had rough home lives, and for those few hours they saw me a day, they knew they were safe and cared about. I did peer counseling for hundreds of youth and created organizations to bring people together...All by my junior year of high school.

After High School for whatever reason work became my priority. I guess the first time I was told I could be making $35 -40,000 a year managing Cold Stone's, I became distracted. I became a people pleaser at work which carried over into friendships and everything else. Somehow Life fast forwarded 8 years and all my goals bit the dust.

The last year I have started remembering who I used to be and who I want to be...I guess I made the choice to be that person and great things are happening.

I start my B.S. in Human Services Program on Monday, I have a job I finally love and can see my self at forever, I don't feel like I have to be something other than myself for my friends. I am willing to walk away when I need to and stay when I want to.

Life is good. Here's to making the world a better place :)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Welcome Back!!!

Beth said...

Welcome back :) I like knowing that you are happy.

Alisha Chase said...

WELCOME BACK to blogging!!! And welcome back to the real you! I hope you figure out how to stand strong again and not believe or take personally anything rude that people say to you. I have that problem as well, and it really does change things.

Congratulations on your success at work and the great things you are doing for the children!!! They need the support and programs you are helping build~! And you are just the guy to put his heart and soul into a program, because it will be built, designed, and ran with care. 100% I am jealous that i am not witnessing this glory first hand, But I love you just the same so If it helps you continue to be Happy, then i hope you find what you are looking for on this discovery of hope. Continue to learn about yourself and run with it! It only gets better from here!