BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 29, 2008

Does God want me?

OK so this is a negative thought and I do know the answer, but really...sometimes I wonder.

As most of my friends know, I have struggled the last few years really jumping into a ward and going to church every week. In my new place I want to try again to get involved. So where would a 25 year old go to church, a singles ward right? So I do what I am supposed to and go online to maps.lds.org. There I find that I should go to a student ward. Then I go to the student ward to find that I can't go because I am not in school. Also because of the guidelines they list on their website I feel if I miss a couple weeks of church, they will kick me out. So I try to go back online to find a singles ward, but no luck. So I go to the Family Ward. I think maybe I could fit in there, but as I look around I see no one single in my age bracket at all. So I ask the bishopric if they know where I should go to church and they refer me back to the Student ward who rejected me. I then decide to spend about an hour looking though stake web pages to find the closest singles ward to me. I call and they say that I am out of their boundaries.

No one wants me :( Maybe I will just go to the Senior Citizens Branch for kicks and giggles next week.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Okay Mr. Negative(: Always remember that you are a child of god and he knows and loves you. Ignorance is not in the church but in the people. I find I have to remind myself of that on regular basis.
PS. Let me know how it goes at the Senior Ward.

Alisha Chase said...

I have the same problem, so if you do find an answer pass along the news.... BUt you are amazing and any ward would be super lucky to have you... Dont give up hope yet!!