BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Miracle

This is the story of my Christmas Miracle of 2008.



After a rough year, I have not allowed myself to get very excited about Christmas, even though it is by far my favorite Holiday. I was invited to my friend's family's home to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I was a little nervous that I might be intruding and that it might be awkward. In reality it was quite the opposite.



Christmas Eve, I joined in the cooking for a Ham dinner. After dinner we played games and I felt so connected, almost as if I had the family of my dreams. We were told to go to bed and if we wanted presents from Santa, not to peak.



We woke up Christmas Morning, because I wasn't family and I didn't plan on any real presents. I got my stocking stuffers and was much grateful. Then it was time for the big presents to came out. A video camera was opened by one of the kids, clothes and gift cards by another, and then they put presents in front of me. I was surprised when I opened up camping gear (tent, air matttress, sleeping bag, and fishing pole), and then a homemade quilt by the mother. The family never asked me what I would like, and even if they had I am not sure I could have asked for presents this amazing. I love camping but have not done it for 9 years. I was grateful to be given such a gift along with a blanket full of love.



The rest of the day I continued to enjoy my time with this family. They always made me feel at home. Even when I was driving off and got stuck in the snow, they came out in numbers to help again.



To me the miracle was not the presents, the games, or even the food. It was simply one family loving another; loving me.



I may still not believe in Santa, but I do believe much more in the light and love of Christ and how it can shine through us, his followers.

1 comments:

Alisha Chase said...

you are a good writer Chris.. What an amazing experience you had. I truly believe you needed this Christmas miracle, and it is a good reminder to us all what Christmas should really be about. I am glad you have the kind of friend like that who is willing to open their house up to you and welcome you with open arms.