BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cell Phone Strike!!!
















So I did some really sad math today. I looked at my minutes for November on my T-Mobile Account and I have exceeded 5,000 in a month. Not only am I getting brain cancer but I am also spending 18% of my taking life on the phone.

I am now trying to imagine if I just had 1/2 of that time back. That would be about 42 extra hours a month to live. 10 hours a week. Maybe 5 of those hours a week could go to community service, 2 could go to keeping my life organized, and 30 minutes a day could go to exercise. 3 big goals could be met in my life just by changing one priority. It doesn't mean I will no longer have friends as a priority, it just means talk to them less on the phone. Will my extra time I can email them, text, facebook, spend time with, and build better, stronger, more rounded friendships. Kinda like normal people do :)

So back to the title , "Cell Phone Strike".

I am going to give my little phone a break. For one week I will not use my phone as a way to "talk". I will use it for work, directions, texting, emergencies, email, and that's it.

I will blog the results and log my usage of my new found time. After this strike, I will go back to using my phone to talk on occasion, but no more 5000 minute months.

Wish me luck and hope I don't go through major withdrawals. Do they have detox for something like this?

4 comments:

Jenn said...

My cell only rings about once or twice a day now(: I found you can ease withdrawl symptoms by turning it on silent and leaving it somewhere that you cannot see it. It will take about a week or so. But just like smoking you have to go cold turkey to quit. I wish you the best of luck, I know you can do it.I will text you soon(:

Alisha Chase said...

Well good thing i read this before calling you! HA, i will help support this strike by emailing you instead of calling you! I think you deserve this break! Plus i cant imagine who you are talking to for that many minutes every month!~!!! Jeepers! Good Luck!

Marina said...

Wow, 5,000 minutes. Seriosly, I am WAY impressed. I'm lucky if I even use 250. Anyway, good luck with the cell phone strike! (that will so be rough!)

Chris said...

Thanks for the support!!! You all are the best!