BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Strength

Since I found so much insight in one word yesterday, I decided to figure out what another word meant to me.

strength n.
1. The state, property, or quality of being strong.
2. The power to resist attack; impregnability.
3. The power to resist strain or stress; durability.
4. The ability to maintain a moral or intellectual position firmly.
5. Capacity or potential for effective action: a show of strength.

1. The state, property, or quality of being strong.

I obviously would like to be a little more buff, bench like 1000 lbs, maybe even lift a bus, but for whatever reason, this is not my first priority when I think of building my own strength.

2. The power to resist attack; impregnability.

I think I have always felt under attack. Growing up, I felt perfection was my only measure I was allowed to live up to. That has carried into adulthood where I still feel completely under attack when I am not perfect. Who is really attacking me now though. Only myself. How do I become strong and resist attack. Find peace with in myself. Know that sometimes things are okay when everything seems not okay.

3. The power to resist strain or stress; durability.

Being durable, growing a tough skin, take punches, turn the other cheek. All things I don't like to do. I love to run. Moving and changing jobs are two of my favorite hobbies. I feel that if I just live somewhere new or change my line of work things will work out. Maybe if I make things work out with my job and where I live, everything else will work out?

4. The ability to maintain a moral or intellectual position firmly.

Being spiritually Strong. Sometimes I get so stressed with church or with culture, or life that I feel that means I have to give up spiritually. Being active in church and being spiritual ARE two separate things. I would have never started going to church if I didn't start to grow spiritually. I guess it is time to start from a seed again and grow some spiritually.

5. Capacity or potential for effective action: a show of strength.

From age 11-17 I really knew I would change the world. I really was going to in a big way. Now I am content in not messing it up too much more. I want to again have the capacity and potential to change the world. To make it a better place. Comfort those in need of comfort.

0 comments: